ABOUT THE IAIE
The mission of the IAIE is best described in terms of its main aims and means. The main aims of the IAIE include:
• To examine the implications of the societal contexts of
education and the relationship between society, nation state
and the international contexts and the situation of individuals,
groups and minorities within them.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of
intercultural education and issues of education in
• To promote the exchange of information, knowledge and
materials about all relevant issues concerning education in
multicultural societies amongst teachers, teacher trainers,
and professionals working in curriculum development,
research and educational policy.
• To initiate, react and respond to activities in the field of
education of international and national organizations.
The means include:
• By preparing six issues a year of the international journal
Intercultural Education, published by Routledge
• By supporting, sponsoring and organizing, seminars, workshops
and conferences on issues of education in a multicultural society.
• By encouraging international cooperation in curriculum and
materials development in the field.
• By assisting the development of appropriate initial and in-service
• By encouraging cooperation with other organizations which
have similar or complementary aims as the IAIE
• By disseminating a newsletter 4 times a year with information
about the field for the membership